Saturday, May 17, 2014

The Skin Shop LUS Aqua Source Cream [Sponsored] Review

This review is proudly sponsored and brought to you by The Skin Shop Singapore, introducing their latest product ❤❤❤. Any external images, if used, solely belong to their respective owners and not to me. I only re-link and use them as part of this review.


Note that all views presented here are of my own and whether the product is sponsored or not, it's honest throughout. Only that effects will vary on the individual when applied.


WHAT IS IT: LUS Aqua Source Cream
LUS Aqua Source Cream


THE PRODUCT(S):
LUS Aqua Source Cream
LUS Aqua Source Cream: LUS Aqua source Cream is a highly moisturizing cream keeping skin soft and silky by retaining moisture of the skin long enough, offering dual moisturizing effect to skin with water drops freshly popping up.


LUS Aqua Source Cream
It comes in a pump nozzle form, so it's actually easy to dispense out the appropriate amount needed without having anything go to waste :D


LUS Aqua Source Cream
The product itself actually looks thick, but I find that gentle massaging into the skin doesn't take too long before everything gets thoroughly absorbed into the skin.


LUS Aqua Source Cream
Here's how the product looks like when I start to spread it around.


LUS Aqua Source Cream
Do you see the water droplets just before the product sinks into my skin? Awesome, right? :D At the last step of your basic care, apply a proper amount on the entire face for moisturizing ingredients to be absorbed into your skin and smoothly apply it from inward to outward direction for absorption. In other words, this product is used as the final step of your skincare regime. I'll get to this in a moment's time~


VERDICT: Firstly, when I first dispense a pump-ful of this product out, I was amazed at the scent it gave out. It wasn't overly strong, thank goodness for that, it's actually like a whiff of freshness from a light breeze. Is how I would describe the scent, to sum it up. It isn't too cloying nor too strong at all for my nose, and best of all, I like how the scent doesn't linger on too long either. It's kinda awkward to go to bed and in the middle of the night, you suddenly catch a whiff of your skincare products wafting to your nose, which promptly cause bleary-eyed you to wake up and wonder "What's that scent ah??" and proceed to think and ponder and well, you're full awake from all that pondering and thinking :/


Texture and consistency wise, it looks really thick and opaque as soon as it is dispensed out. And despite the product still looking thick and creamy when spread around my skin initially, it slowly spreads evenly and sink into my skin without too much hard work needed, almost like water. I simply have this peeve for products that seemingly look lightweight but took me ages to thoroughly spread and massage into my skin, and ended up having the product look as if it's halfway absorbed into my skin and promptly gave up in absorbing anymore. But not with this LUS Aqua Source Cream! In short, it looks like thick and creamy, but feels like a really lightweight lotion, even more lightweight than any products I've tried and tested so far. And yet, it sinks right into the skin like water.


Because right as soon as you start massaging the product into your skin, it immediately formed these water droplets right smack on the surface of your skin. This actually made me feel tempted to dispense and apply another layer, repeatedly. I'm actually a sucker for products that not only pops up water droplets when applied, but especially products like these that also helps with my angsty skin sometimes. Despite the product feeling a little sticky upon o, the stickiness fades away before I even realize it and instantly, I can see my skin looking more moisturized.


Prior to using this, my regular skincare products doesn't seem to be working well on my skin so I was a little halfway to giving up. Until I got a chance to try and review this product. Right as soon as I got this, I immediately used it the same night and has been religiously using this every night before I plopped right into bed. Despite my usual sleeping habit of tossing and turning all over in my bed, I am pleasantly surprised to find my pillow not looking like I had drowned it on facial products. Which I think is rare, in my case ^^;


As a final note, I have to say that although I do not combination skin, I don't feel this product fare any worse at all. Instead, the oily areas of my skin feels slightly better than before as I noticed that it was less oily than before. And the dry areas of my skin are basically thankful for the moisturization that is being able to be locked in. Let's just say that when I woke up in the morning, my face doesn't feel oily at all, something that is astonishing as I always wake up with an oily face in the morning due to the amount of products I put on my face before bed.


The general recommended method to applying this product is to only use it at the very end of your skincare regime, be it day or night. Just like how certain brand's boosting essence is to be used at the very start of your skincare regime to prep your skin for more thorough absorption of the products you are to apply on. Using this at the very end of your skincare regime actually helps lock in the products applied so they don't end up getting smeared around and having all your "hard work" go to waste. Application is relatively simple and easy, apply from inward to outward direction to ensure 100% full coverage :D


My regular skincare regime, after receiving this LUS Aqua Source Cream before I plopped to bed goes like this:

  • Chia Seed Water 100 Boosting Essence
  • Su Hyang Snow Boosting Toner
  • Su Hyang Snow Balancing Fluid
  • The Body Shop Natrulift Refreshing Eye Roll-On
  • LUS Aqua Source Cream
  • The Body Shop Pink Guava Lip Balm
  • AFC Japan Collagen Beauty caplets


VERDICT: ✓✓✓

WHAT I THINK: This is definitely that ONE product I die die must have and include in my skincare regime nightly. It looks heavy, but feels lightweight and absorbs like water. And I mean, literally sinks into my skin while having water droplets show up, like literally. And I dare say, my skin looks and feels better recently. My acne/pimples are a little more stable now, instead of the usual "I popped up on your skin and I forgot what I'm supposed to do while sitting on your face" scenario. My skin actually even heals pretty decently now, after my acne/pimple episode, with lesser scarring than before.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Not particularly sure, since I seldom go into any skincare stores. Not that I don't, it's just that I tend to buy a little more so I can avoid the crowds ^^; But note that LUS Aqua Source Cream is retailing at only $39.90 on their website over at http://www.theskinshop.sg/lus-cosmetics/46-lus-aqua-source-serum.html. I am definitely getting a new bottle at the end of this month (when I get my paycheck ^^).


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~