~Image from: Get Smell Out~
It seems that a lot of people are complaining about smelly hair, and the blogosphere is constantly buzzing with tips on how to neutralize hair odors. Here are 9 ways to get rid of the odor and keep your hair smelling great.
1. Wash and condition your hair: This may seem obvious, but it's the most thorough way to get your hair clean and odor-free.
2. Hair wipes: Hair wipes are like baby wipes made especially for your locks. Ted Gibson has an excellent product that should help remove any odor from your hair.
3. Hair fragrance: One way to get rid of an odor is to cover it up with some other odor. Hair fragrances are great for this purpose.
4. Use your perfume: If you can't find a "real" hair fragrance, just improvise with your favorite perfume or cologne. Just be sure not to use too much!
5. Powder shampoo: Instead of getting your hair wet, you can use a dry shampoo to add a little fragrance and remove the odor. Just sprinkle it in and brush the odors out.
6. Leave-in conditioner or combing cream: A touch of leave-in conditioner or another styling product can mask icky odors.
7. Do a speedy, secret sink wash: Wet your hands, take a tiny dab of liquid soap and run your fingers through your hair. Caution: This doesn't work on all hair styles.
8. Dryer sheets: You'll cover up the odor and you'll get rid of embarrassing static cling.
9. Use an antimicrobial shampoo: This can help if your smelly scalp is caused by scalp fungus or bacteria.