Originally quoted from The Beauty Isle Insider by
The Creators of The Beauty Brains
~Image from: Indian Makeup Blog~
At first glance, you may think that pore control products offer to make your pores smaller, but if you read the label carefully, you'll see that in most cases they just claim to reduce the appearance of large pores. That may sound like a subtle distinction, but it's not. There's not much you can do to physically make your pores smaller, but you can avoid making them look larger. Instead of looking for "shrinking" products, try avoiding these factors that can make pores look plump.
1. Skin debris like dead skin cells can collect in pores, making them appear bigger. Good facial cleansing is the key to staying debris-free.
2. Excessive oiliness can keep pores filled with a layer of oil that accentuates their appearance. Consider using oil-absorbing makeup or doing more frequent cleansing or blotting.
3. Bacterial growth contributes to blackheads and makes pores appear freakishly huge. Exfoliation can help.
4. Sun exposure can thicken the skin cells around the edge of pores, making them appear larger. Using a sunscreen or limiting your exposure is a good idea.
5. Genetics determines your skin type and if you're unlucky enough to be born with oily , thicker skin, your pores will probably be more noticeable. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about this.