As we all know, with the coming of Easter, it's officially Spring now. Not that we can see the effects of Spring in forever hot and sunny and humid Singapore, but still, you can soak in the Spring mood just as good too. And as we are aware of, Spring reminds us of comfortable days under the sun, admist a field of beautiful spring flowers, where time seemingly stand still. (Well, that's what commercials show, but I hope it really looks and feels that good if I ever set foot in a field of flowers too)
And with Spring flowers, you cannot avoid fragrances. Sometimes, it is actually hard to literally find a field of flowers to bask the moment in. And in return, we turn to fragrances that let us reminisce the good old days of Spring. And talking about Spring and fragrance, my favorite would always be The Body Shop's Midnight Bakula. You might think that there's a "Midnight" in it, and what can you see in the dark of the night. Well, there are flowers that only blooms in the dark of the night, not just the regular flowers that bloomed under the glorious sunshine too.
Fragrances may come and go, but for me personally, Midnight Bakula is still the choice. Midnight Bakula is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women that features features patchouli, rose and nectarine. You know how our Indian friends in Singapore always have this wonderful scent on their hair? Midnight Bakula actually reminds me of that scent during my schooldays when I always anticipate meeting a dearly Indian friend of mine in school. This fragrance actually reminds me of this dear school friend of mine. When I feel like I am at my weakest and the world seems to be against me, she's the one who willingly stand by me and make me stand up after a fall, to stand proud and not back down at adversity that are in the form of nasty classmates. Yeah, I know it does sound a little extreme somewhat, but I can say I used to be a victim of school bullying and to have even 1 friend who believes in you can actually help you persevere no matter how tough everything becomes.
But on to the fragrance itself!
Just the design on the bottle itself made me think of exotic places, somewhere like India. Where the famous Taj Mahal stands, where the festival of Holi takes place. The religion that Chinese Buddhism borrows heavily from, and the endless folklore stories that I love from India. And yet at the same time, I find this fragrance is also good for days when you don't feel like anything too complex to comprehend, although I have to warn you, excessive application might give you a bad headache from it. Fragrances are ultimately meant to be applied sparingly, not all over to the point the lift/elevator reeks of it.
But to sum up this unique fragrance:
- Initial spray: a very spicy men's cologne
- Immediatley after: the spiciness gets toned down and now comes in the heavy patchouli and an incense that is common in mosques
- Dry down: The above, but now throw in lots of peach and a touch of rose water to round it out and tone it down. And there are definitely some other balmy/creamy notes thrown in there
Rules of the GiveawayNote: This giveaway ends on 22 April 2013 at 11:59pm. Entries later than this stipulated date and time will be ignored. Although I might extend the deadline by another week, depending. This giveaway is open to anyone residing in Singapore or have a valid mail address in Singapore. All steps are compulsory to be qualified for this blog contest/giveaway :)
- Like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews
- Tag a friend who is not a fan of my Facebook page under THIS post at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews/posts/357143081057712 if you do not have a Google account
- Comment on this blog post why you want the prize, including your name, email address and Facebook profile name + link if you have a google account Refer to example below:
- Any entries not fulfilling the above rules will not be honored
- There will be 1 winner for this giveaway
- Winner will be announced on the very next day after contest ends, which is on 22 April or whichever the deadline is if there are changes, and will be contacted via PM on Facebook. If there is no reply within 3 days, new winner(s) will be picked once again
- In the event the winner has un-Like my FB page before the contest is over, it will be auto-disqualification. Hence, I will need at least a day or 2 to ensure all participants follow the rules stated, so as to be fair to everyone who joined
- This is not a sponsored giveaway by The Body Shop Singapore, I am doing this to reward readers and fans of my blog and Facebook page
- Once winner have been contacted, the earliest mailing date will be within the last week of April or first week of May, presuming the previous winner is un-contactable and a new winner is picked instead. If not, once all winners mailing address has been received, items will be mailed out within the week
Why I want: Because I love exotic scents with a touch of headiness to it, I feel cocooned in a bubble of Spring when I spritzed on this fragrance. Name: Pu Niao
Email Address: PuNiao@somewhereoutthere.com
FB Profile Name: PuNiao.PuNiao FB Profile Link: https://www.facebook.com/PuNiao.PuNiao