Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser Review

WHAT IS IT: Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser


THE PRODUCT(S):

Dermalogica Skin Resurfacing Cleanser: Achieve superior smoothness and ultra-clean skin after just one use with this dual-action exfoliating cleanser. A highly-active Lactic Acid concentrate helps re-texturize skin suffering from visible signs of aging by removing dulling surface debris and helping accelerate cell turnover. Antioxidant Vitamin E conditions, while soothing Rose Flower Oil calms skin. Formulated without artificial fragrances and colors, Skin Resurfacing Cleanser is a highly active formula. Frequency of use depends on skin condition.



The cleanser actually looks more like a facial moisturizer than a facial cleanser. The scent is actually lightweight, but I feel that the cleanser didn't exactly perform as it should have.


VERDICT: The scent actually has this type of "old school" scent to it, which I cannot pinpoint exactly what it is. The scent is actually lightweight, and don't linger on unnecessarily after usage. And having Dermalogica touting that this cleanser doesn't contain artificial fragrances while being formulated, which means it only contains Lactic Acid concentrate (a.k.a Milk) and Rose Flower Oil, but I didn't catch any milky nor rose-related scent to it at all. But to me, I find the scent actually comforting.


This cleanser is supposedly a "Skin Resurfacing Cleanser", which simply meant that it effectively removes dead skin cells and other dulling debris on the surface of our skin, which will in turn give the user newer looking skin. However, I couldn't quite agree with it. First of all, no matter how I tried to lather the cleanser, it just simply turned into a milky solution. Like what you will see if you mix facial moisturizer with tap water, a milky and watery solution. Basically, this is what Dermalogica's "Skin Resurfacing Cleanser" is supposed to be doing, being able to cleanse without actually having suds at all. Despite the instructions stating to "lather up" before applying to skin and cleansing it.


The cleanser, no matter how I look at it, looks more like a facial moisturizer than a facial cleanser in that, what I've mentioned above, no suds despite being asked to lather it up first. And the cleanser is just too smooth and gentle, as I felt it didn't actually help to clean my skin at all. Maybe except resurface the newer skin cells on my face and giving me a brand new pimple, which fortunately subside really fast due to some home-made DIY mask I've been using to make it go away fast.


But the good part is that, this Skin Resurfacing Cleanser actually washes off pretty well, without making my skin feel like there's leftover drying or sticky residue from the cleanser itself. And it actually doesn't make my skin feel any different though, as it made me ultimately feel as if I've used very very soapy water to cleanse my face. And my face also luckily didn't shine with too much sebum despite hours after using this cleanser. Let's just say this is a product that I find weird to use, and that what you see when you actually use it is different from what it says or promised on the actual packaging itself.


VERDICT:


WHAT I THINK: First it says to lather up, yet there's no suds of any type. And the cleanser is just too smooth and gentle to the point I do not feel my skin being clean and cleansed at all.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I got this sample cleanser from a BellaBox edition I got last August. And so far, I've never saw any samples being dole out as well. So, you might want to try pharmacies and ask if there's a smaller bottle that you can buy or try instead. But ultimately, I feel Dermalogica cleansers are just too gentle and could be more suitable for the sin types the cleanser advertises, but for someone with really sensitive skin to use it on.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~