Saturday, January 26, 2013

Samples Received/Redeemed: 21 Jan - 25 Jan 2013

Well, well.. Another week of samples redemption in the mail and a little splurge at Watsons (Unfortunately, it isn't a haul since discounts were on items I didn't really fancy. While things I actually need weren't on any type of discount. Sigh..) But ultimately, 1 or 2 freebies is still better than nothing at all, don't you agree?



Well, I recently got to know about AmethyStory having a sample redemption exercise, no doubt thanks to the wonderful friends I had recently been adding to my FB list of friends. And of course, I was pointed to the right direction by them too, so sweet~



The sample actually came in a booklet form, although the email I received hinted that the sample is courtesy of The Sample Store o.O



The sample sachet is 5ml worth, and if we are supposed to use gels such as these to remove dead skin cells once a week, I reckon this sample sachet should last 2 uses. Provided we use it once a week on our face only. However, this can be used on underarms too and it is just as effective.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to AmethyStory Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/amethystory, Like the page. Next, look for the link that says Free sample, click on it and follow the prompts. Now, you wait for the sample to arrive in your mailbox :D




Also the same as the AmethyStory sample, was referred to the sampling exercise by a dear FB friend. Although I find it weird that I requested for both within minutes of each other, but the AmethyStory one arrived 2 days earlier than the Bio-Essence one. Hmm.. The email is also from The Sample Store too.



Hong Kong Artiste Linda Chung is the official spokesperson for the Bio-Essence series :D



This sample also came in a booklet form, and the sample is 2ml each as there's 2 small sachets inside the booklet. Well, it's either 1 sachet at 4ml - 5ml or 2 sachets at 2ml each, I suppose. Samples consist of:
  • Snail Secretion Repair Serum x 1 @ 2ml
  • Repair & Smooth Cream x 1 @ 2ml


If used sparingly, each sachet should last at least 2-3 days at most.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to Bio-Essence Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/bioessence.sg, Like the page. Next, look for the link that says Free sample!, follow the prompts, fill in your details and wait for the sample to arrive in your mailbox.


As of late, there seems to be some sort of internal error within the app itself, so I'd recommend checking it everday. And in the event it gets fixed, you can quickly request for your own sample too. No news on how fast the fix would be done for the app itself though,



And so, after a month or so, I went "trolling" around Watsons just for some look-see and ended up with these 3 purchases. Let's just say that one of the item was an un-intended buy, no matter how I look at it. But more details coming up with the corresponding photo :D



So, I waddle all over Watsons for a good 1 hour despite the shop being not that particularly huge and unfortunately along the way, grabbed a conditioner instead of a shampoo. Only realized that when my hair was dripping wet, I was nekkid in the shower and the supposed-shampoo refused to ooze out of the bottle. Only to look and realized, "Aw crap! I got the conditioner by mistake..".


It's an Avalon Organics Scalp Normalizing Shampoo that I decided to get to combat my mild-severe dandruff problems. Some days, it's tame and some days, I scratch myself into agony like some deranged monkey :/



This Brand's Innershine Marine Collagen Essence Strip is supposedly up for sample redemption on Facebook. Catch is, you have to invite/share with 10 friends to get it. Let's just say, after filling in my details, the Continue button refused to work. It just stayed on the screen, looking woefully at me.


This pack here costs S$9.90 and consists of only 3 strips in there, while the box version costs S$30 and consist of 10 strips. Recommendation is to take 1-3 strips daily, so if I were to nom on 3 strips on a daily basis, 3 strips multiply by 30 days is equal to 90 strips. S$30 for a box of 10 strips, and that would amount to S$270 a month just for beautiful skin... Too expensive, I think D:



And this Naruko Tea Tree Oil Out Balancing Serum is what I intend to use in place of my usual facial moisturizer for now. Although my skin is really allergic and sensitive to pure Tea Tree Oil, other variations of Tea Tree Oil such as toner, facial cleanser, serum, for example luckily doesn't aggravate my acne/pimple issue. That I am definitely thankful for :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: For the Brand's Innershine Marine Collagen Essence Strip sample, you need to go to Brand's InnerShine Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/BrandsInnerShineSG, Like the page. Next, look for a link that says Brand's Innershine Marine..., click on the Redeem Now! button and invite 10 friends (or more if you prefer or in the event some aren't online on a daily basis, so whichever 10 first answered your invite still nets you the free sample). Once done, a new popup window will appear and you need to fill in your details and follow the prompts.


Unfortunately for me, I just can't seem to get my request for the sample done. So, I'd probably had to be content with paying cold hard cash for it as I am using a PC, not a smartphone to access the app..



Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~