Friday, July 11, 2014

Samples Received & Redeemed: May/June 2014

My humble apologies for going MIA once more for the past month or two. I was practically on a sample collecting spree, up to the point where my room is looking more like a messy bachelor's pad than a girl's bedroom. Just when I thought I had found the last of it, another batch mysteriously popped out of some unknown "Sample Twilight Zone" and beg, or rather, demanded to be arranged and cataloged for easy access.


In terms of samples, it's best to either follow the expiry dates provided they are given. Alternatively, it's the same concept as most F&B outlets, also known as "First-In-First-Out". Essentially, "First-In-First-Out" means whichever comes in earlier should be used first while those that comes in later should be used only after the earlier ones have been fully used or utilized. Despite samples being samples, I sincerely believed that there are actually expiry dates for them too.


Especially those samples that doesn't come in little sealed satchets, such as sample shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, facial cleansers, to name a few. Chances are, we would probably be curious about the scent, the color of the product itself. And along the way, while doing a little sniffing here and a little "ooh" and "ahh" there, we'd probably literally come into direct contact with the sample itself, which in turn would decrease the time it can be stored away before using them.


It's the same concept as frozen food, once defrosted it has to be used up as soon as you possibly can. If you were to defrost, realized you won't be using the frozen food item, dumped it back into the freezer. And carry on with the defrost and freeze cycle repeatedly, the food itself would no doubt be spoiled beyond usage or consumption. Anyways, enough of my "Sample Twilight Zone" moment back there. Here's a look at the May 2014 and June 2014 samples I've managed to accumulated along the way:



The Body Shop
So, my mother tend to go on a TBS spree for unknown reasons since she tend to only pop by if either there are new body scents in stock or her friend is working at the outlet in our neighborhood. But this purchase of hers defined any explanation as these aren't really exactly new in the first place. In clock-wise direction, left to right:

  • Satsuma Eau De Toilette @ 30ml
  • Papaya Shower Gel @ 250ml
  • Nutriganics Drops of Youth @ 30ml
  • Natrulift Refreshing Eye Roll-On @ 10ml


The Body Shop
The nice catch out of these purchase is the make-up/cosmetic pouch, by my terms, is rather huge like a clutch bag instead. Since it already took up plenty of room space in the smallest sling bag that I used for work purposes. Let's just say I have to place it in a sideway standing position in my bag, instead of sitting it down like a proper pouch. Along the cosmetic pouch comes some samples for trying, from left to right:

  • Vitamin E Hydrating Toner @ 60ml
  • Vitamin E Cream Cleanser @ 60ml
  • Strawberry Eau De Toilette @ 30ml


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: So far, I've never recalled seeing actuay bring-home sample sachets version of these products. However, each outlet do have a sample retail size bottle for patrons to try out on the spot. So, feel free to pop by any TBS outlet and give their products a try on the spot before throwing in the dough :D



belief
The Sample Store previously stocked up on belief samples and I decided to go grab them while it atill lasted. Note that this is a "Sponsored" sample, hence limited quantity/stocks available before it runs out.


belief
Upon opening up and checking out the samples, I realized that majority of them I've already redeemed from a physical belief outlet before. But then, it doesn't hurt to have a little more spare, which in turn will make the sample itself last longer if I were to combine these current belief samples with the ones I've previously got. From clock-wise direction, left to right:

  • belief The true cream - aqua bomb @ 3ml
  • belief First Aid Overnight brightening mask @ 5ml
  • belief First Aid 360 Eye care mask @ 3ml
  • belief Hungarian Water Essence @ 3ml
  • belief Complimentary Skin Consultant + S$5 off discount card


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I believed that belief actually do stock ample supply of samples for most of their products as I recalled the SA opening a really heavy-looking drawer and in it were rows upon rows of samples which somehow made my eyes bulge a little. As compared to TBS using the same similar drawers but for retail products instead.


Anyway, the reason I concluded is that, these samples are actually their best-selling or highly-raved products, hence they've been giving out similar samples around 6 months apart. So, it might be best to get samples of the listed items above and see if it works well with your skin types as I've been told that most of belief products are good for any skin types :D



Black Box
So, I managed to get my hands on the previous BlackBox, although I did missed the latest one since I was a little too busy to check and clean out my email inbox. But well, let's give someone else a chance to own a BlackBox instead and be a good Samaritan along the way :D


Black Box
As usual, a card letting you know the latest happenings going on with BlackBox.


Black Box
And right on the other side, a full list of product samples that comes in your BlackBox, along with description and prices should you like the product and want to get your hands on it at a discounted rate/price via BlackBox.


Black Box
From clock-wise direction, left to right:

  • Darlie Charcoal Clean White toothpaste @ 40g
  • HImalaya Herbals Lip Balm @ 10g
  • Nuxe White Brightening Purifying Foam @ 15ml
  • Himalaya Herbals Nourishing Skin Cream @ 6ml


Black Box
From top to bottom:

  • Adore Comfort All Days Premium 5 pads
  • Discount voucher for Fat Freezing/LED Teeth Whitening/Laser Face Treatment


Black Box
From left to right:

  • Nuxe White Brightening Purifying Foam @ 4ml
  • Nuxe White Brightening Moisturizing Lotion @ 4ml
  • Nuxe White Intensive Whitening Dark Spot Correcting Serum @ 2ml
  • Nuxe White Brightening Moisturizing Emulsion @ 2ml


Black Box
From left to right:

  • Essential Nuance Airy Intensive Hair Mask @ 15g
  • Essential Rich Premier Intensive Hair Mask @ 15g


Black Box
Phyto Paris Secret De Nuit Hydrating Regenerating Night Treatment @ 5ml


Black Box
And at another glance, the whole BlackBox I got for June 2014 :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Samples don't cost a single cent however, due to overwhelming demand, balloting is required for a chance to secure your own BlackBox. Alternatively, pay only S$6 for the courier fee and you are guaranteed a box. If you were to "pretend" that S$6 goes to BlackBox, it still makes it the cheapest beauty samples box in Singapore as compared to other beauty box subscriptions.



JEM
Went to JEM for some cosmetic and food shopping + Noah (the movie LOL) and I accumulated enough spending to redeem a small.. document bag? It's like you can put really short notes in there, or you could use it as a flat clutch bag LOL Kinda vague on how to use this flat pouch/bag here.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Redemption is only for June :/



Essential
Essential came out with yet another new hair product, but this time it's meant for our hair while we sleep. In short, Singapore is a hot and humid country, hence we tend to have pillow cases made out of cloth/cotton for easy sweat absorption and various other beneficial reasons for a humid country. However, it is really bad for our hair as our hair is already fragile, all that tossing and turning at night will result in what you see on the black panel there.


Experts have long recommended using silk material for pillow cases as it allows our hair to glide over the pillow effortlessly while we do the usual tossing and turning while we sleep at night. But all I can say is that, it's going to be frigging hot to use a silk pillow due to the humidity in Singapore. Therefore, silk pillow cases are out of the question. But Essential took it a step further, they came up with a product that doesn't compromise your sleep while ensuring that you don't wake up looking like a deranged medusa in the morning.


Essential
Essential Sleeping Hair Mask x 2 @ 3ml.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: First of all, go over to Essential Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Essential.SG, "Like" their page first. Next, look for the Sleeping Hair Mask app link and click on it. Fill in your details and wait for the sample to arrive in your mailbox :D



Enable
I got some goodies from Enable and it consists of a recyclable bag that can be used repeatedly and a Memo Clip.


Enable
Along the way, I got a complimentary gender change without knowing why LOL ^^


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I totally forgot where I got it from or how on earth I got this. But note that any samples I've come across, I'll immediately post it up on my Facebook page for easy redemption.



Cafe21
Cafe21 was previously hosting a full month giveaway where you can try your luck in winning something. I only got to know about it due to my friends' status updates on the items they won and decided to give it a try. I'm just glad I got a porcelain tumbler instead since I'm still desperately trying to finish up my own personal stash of 3-in-1 coffees and soya bean drink.


The tumbler itself is porcelain, but the lid and the holder is foam.


Cafe21
By sachets, I think they meant how many coffee sachets for a specific amount of hot water. Too little and you get watery coffee and too much gives you really strong and thick coffee xD


Cafe21
Here's how the tumbler looked like when I opened up the package.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Giveaway is over.



Vichy
From left to right:

  • Vichy Aqualia Thermal Night Spa Sleeping Mask @ 2ml
  • Vichy Aqualia Thermal Dynamic Hydration Serum @ 1.5ml


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I believed sample redemption is over as I couldn't find any links for sample redemption anymore on Vichy Singapore Facebook page.



The Sample Store
From top to bottom:


  • Sunkiller Perfect Strong Plus Sunscreen SPF 50+ PA+++ @ 2ml
  • DHC Suncut Q10 Aqua Gel SPF 50+ @ 2g


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I redeemed this "Sponsored" sample from The Sample Store. Unfortunately, they ran out of samples already :(



Nando's
The Sample Store was giving out complimentary Nando's vouchers for their "Peri-Peri Flame Grilled Chicken".


Nando's
And the voucher is valid until the end of this year. Yay~ I can have until this year before the voucher expires. I tend to get vouchers that are expiring in close to a month's time most of the time. So, I'm rather pleased to receive one that has a little more than 6 months validity till it expires :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I redeemed this "Sponsored" sample from The Sample Store. Unfortunately, they ran out of samples already :(



DHC
DHC PQQ Pop Up Gel @ 1g


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I believed samples are still up for grabs as I am still seeing this product under the "Sponsored" samples tab over at The Sample Store.



Arnaud
Institut Arnaud Paris Youthful Radiance Definign Serum @ 3ml.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I kinda forgot where I got this too :(



Ascience
I got to know about Ascience doing a sampling giveaway, and went for it. This is their latest hair product, Ascience Treatment Hair Mask @ 15g.


Ascience
The other sample I got are the:

  • Ascience Inner Rich Shampoo @ 45ml
  • Ascience Inner Rich Conditioner @ 45ml


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to http://www.ksgpromo.com/AsienceMaskForm/, fill in the short questionnaire and your details and wait for the sample to arrive in your mailbox :D



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~