Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tsaio Papain Removal Mask Review

WHAT IS IT: Tsaio Papin Removal Mask
Tsaio Papain Removal Mask


THE PRODUCT(S):
Tsaio Papain Removal Mask
Tsaio Papain Removal Mask: Contains Horse Chestnut Extract and Papain that enables deep cleansing and sebum control, especially for T-zone. It also firms up the visible pores caused by excess sebum, leaving skin velvety smooth.


Tsaio Papain Removal Mask
I normally tend to apply my mask to problem areas on my face, hence the weird "batman" shaped mask you see above.


VERDICT: Despite this product being named as a "Papain" removal mask, I didn't detect any papaya-related scent to it at all, all during pre-usage and post-usage and definitely not while using it either. In short, Papain, also known as papaya proteinase I, is a cysteine protease enzyme present in papaya and mountain papaya. Hence the explanation on the papaya scent. This mask actually smell just like any regular charcoal mask, not too yucky but yet not too much of those typical sweet fruity scent. Let's just say, the scent is just right without being too overly perfumed nor does it smell weird at all.


As you can see in the third last image above, this mask is actually a black-colored mask, similar to charcoal masks although the scent is anything but. And as soon as I removed the foil seal on the product itself, it oozes out without warning. Essentially, you have to store this in an unusual position. As compared to other products that a similar packaging/container, you have to balance it the other way around so it won't ooze and flow towards the lid. And due to it's really thick consistency, it's actually a little hard to spread around especially for first time users. I'm not surprised if first time users to this product would think that the product is defective due to the product's consistency.


If I were to compare this to the Daiso's Charcoal Mask, this would obviously be a much better mask to use instead. Despite the price differences, I dare say this Tsaio Papain Removal Mask works way better in a sense that it pulled out much more gunk on my face than before. Even the fine hair on my face is also removed, although I do have to warn you, it really hurts like hell when the mask has dried off and it's time to pull it off. But the end result is actually worth the little pain that you have to endure when removing the mask.


And immediately after removing the mask, my face felt so much cleaner as compared to when I was previously using the Charcoal Mask from Daiso. And because I have clogged pores, these same problematic area actually felt cleaner after usage and I am pleasantly surprised that this mask can do so much than I expected it to. But still, the pain is like a thorn in my flesh. But then, it a little pain meant that my skin can feel so much cleaner and smoother and with so much gunk removed, then it's definitely worth it xD


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: It hurts, but it works o_O


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: So far, I've never come across samples for Tsaio products in Singapore. Not even online either, as Tsaio is probably an exclusive from Taiwan only product, hence the lack of samples. Let's just say, you really have to buy them and try and decide which works for you and which doesn't :/


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~