Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Samples Received/Redeemed: December 2013

I think for the month of December 2013, I spent more than I redeemed for goodies :-/ But still, it was during Christmas season. And I mean, which girl couldn't resist spending a little to pamper herself. Raise your hands if you spend more than you redeemed for the month of December 2013. *raises both hands*



So, I was browsing around Sephora JEM just because I needed a concealer from bareMinerals in my shade and as I've already mentioned. My skin tone is more of the deathly pale variety, so I needed the usual color tone that I was recommended over at Sephora Vivo City. Too dark, and it's going to look weird and too light means there's basically no coverage at all. I personally also recommend bareMinerals, and despite the hefty price tag it actually does work wonders. For more information on the brand bareMinerals, you can go over to http://www.bareminerals.co.uk/. Alternatively, head down to any Sephora outlet near you and ask the staffs around :)


Anyways, I ended up buying stuffs over at Sephora since they ran out of concealer in my preferred shade :(


Sephora
As mentioned, I am a sucker for shower gels of any type. So, I couldn't resist picking up this homemade honey buns set which consists of a shampoo, shower gel & bubble bath a.k.a 3-in-1 and a body lotion. They both smell so yummy, it's almost tempting to just want to start drinking them lol


Sephora
And I chanced upon this Sephora Green Tea Mask. I usually don't go for house brand products since they don't look appealing. However, the description sort of convinced me a little to go ahead and grab this to try.


Sephora
The description claimed that:


Mask enriched with natural green tea leaf extract
Efficiently absorbs excess oil to eliminate shine
Purifies and balances skin to diminish the appearance of skin imperfections
For matte, smooth and clear skin


And also, I'm a big sucker for anything green tea xD


Sephora
I got the READY Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum Spf 15 in translucent :D And along the way, I grabbed this Daily Makeup Brush Cleaner, and you have no idea how pink the tissue turned as soon as I used this on my powder brush :( And recently, my hands are getting really dry and have started to crack and peel a little, so I got the winter wonder-hands hand cream in variants of blood orange + white pepper and high intensity.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: It seems like Sephora constantly have different samples to give out, although the samples given might not necessarily be relevant to the items you purchased. On the contrary, if you want to try out certain brands, such as soap & glory, they do sell travel sized versions in affordable prices. So, it's worth checking out Sephora for such affordable travel sized products.



Muji
I so love curry, but it takes almost half a day to cook proper curry. And these babies actually hit the jackpot for me. It's not too spicy and it's fast. All I need to do is to just cook the rice, dump a packet of my preferred curry topping in a container of hot water. And when it's time for break, I just served it up and eat it. Frankly speaking, I love to cook but I hate the aftermath of cooking, which coincidentally is called "washing up". Meh..


I bought Chicken Kurma Curry, Ten Kinds Vegetable Curry and Yellow Cury Each individual pack weighs 180g and serves one and I dare assure you, all 3 are good. *burp*


Muji
I love pasta too, but then the only type I knew is Spaghetti Bolognaise, so I figured it's due time to try out other different spaghetti flavours that I like but do not have the time to slowly try and cook it out. I bought Pasta Sauce Botargo, Pasta Sauce Tapenade and Pasta Sauce Americaine. Botargo looks kinda "tame" and taste "meh" while Tapenade looks oily and tastes weird. Americaine looks spicy, but it's not and I find myself liking Americaine better as compared to the other 2.


Muji
Pasta Sauce Crab and Tomato Cream just simply taste "weird" as well, definitely not to my liking since I love my seafood on an almost fanatical scale. Meanwhile, I haven't tried Pasta Sauce Genovese yet, but I hope it doesn't disappoint though D:


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: No samples for redemption :(



I was getting a little frustrated with my regular shampoo and conditioner product since I find myself having a severe case of flaky scalp on a regular basis. So, I thought of getting something new that prevents excessive scalp scratching while at the same time still continue using my current one to lessen the issue of flaky scalp. The girl at The Face Shop outlet recommended 2 particular shampoo and conditioner set to help prevent excessive itching. All I can say is that she herself claimed to use this and it does prevent her from having to scratch her scalp too much. It sort of worked and both shampoo and conditioner set are basically the same, it's just the scent that's different. And since there was christmas sale going on, I grabbed both scents.


The Face Shop
This is the Pure Breeze range and the scent are:

  • Top Note: White Rose, Geranium
  • Middle Note: Bulgarian Rose, Muguet, Water Lily
  • Base Note: White Tea, Cedarwood, Musk


The Face Shop
This one is the Love Me range and the scent are:

  • Top Note: Pink Grapefruit, Peach
  • Middle Note: Orange Blossom, Jasmine
  • Base Note: White Musk, Ylang Ylang

I can assure you both ranges smell wonderful, and I felt like I was in a luxurious bath. Until I opened my eyes and looked at my bathroom LOL *closes eyes and imagines again*


The Face Shop
Along the way, I grabbed:

  • Jewel Therapy Damage Care Hair Oil Serum - Since my hair's starting to turn rebellious by turning frizzy at the ends
  • Smile Foot AHA+ Foot Scrub - Since my heels love to "crack-up" on the weirdest occasion and the only way to keep them at bay is to constantly and regularly exfoliate them
  • Su Hyang Snow Balancing Fluid - Since I just desperately wanted to see my old acne scars and blemishes fade away a.s.a.p


The Face Shop
And I got a makeup pouch for free when I spend up to X amount, I chose the black one. Even if it gets dirty on the outside, nobody can tell. Mwahaha!


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Depending on their stocks, you sometimes get samples with purchases and sometimes not. Since it was Christmas, I figured the free gifts such as pouches and gift vouchers more than make up for the lack of samples.



ANBC
The usual nasty, uptight and rude Ah Lian salesgirl wasn't there that day, so I took the opportunity to waltz in and bought my Christmas Alpaca :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Nope.



Cafe21
Cafe21 previously had a sampling activity going on. I was quite sure I was the first X amount of people who registered for the sample, but I got the 6 sachets sample pack instead :O Anyways, I got the 6 sticks of Colombian Arabian Coffee and Non-Dairy Creamer for my effort LOL


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Sampling is over. But you can go over to Cafe21 Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/cafe21official and Like their page to be notified/informed of upcoming and/or latest sampling activity.



Cetaphil
Cetaphil was previously running a sampling activity and despite what you choose, I think you should be able to get at least 3 samples at one go. I got a Oily Skin Cleanser (29ml), Daily Facial Moisturizer SPF 15/PA++ (7.4ml) and Gentle Skin Cleanser (29ml).


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to Cetaphil Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/CetaphilSG, Like their Facebook page. Next, look for a link that says Choose a good thing, followed by Click Here Now beside the "Get your free sample" text. Follow the prompts and wait for the sample to arrive in your mailbox :D




I got my Olive Oil & Pearl Powder Natural Soap (100g).


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Sampling activity is over. I tried going back to the same URL, but I got a 404 Not Found page instead :(



Like I've mentioned, it was Christmas season. Loads of stuffs were on discount or on sale, Kinokuniya was no exception. The only sucky things about Kinukuniya is that their membership charges are freakingly expensive. It doesn't matter whether you are a diehard fan or a new membership subscriber, you still pay the same damn amount. I stopped renewing my membership with them only after 1 year. Secondly, they accept JEM vouchers but refused to give JEM points. Is that plain stupid or what? Only take, but never give :(


Kinokuniya
I got a Shylina Organic Rose Body Scrub (30g) when I purchased this book that teaches you how to apply Japanese style light makeup. I think I got the translation of the book title right somehow. Hmm...


Kinokuniya
Apparently, Shylina is a brand from England. You cannot go wrong with body products from England, that I can assure you :D


Kinokuniya
On the back of the tube:

"A gentle exfoliating scrub that removes dead skin cells leaves skin soft and moisture. The delicate rose scent with bergamot and orange essential oils would bring you comfort and warmth."


Kinokuniya
This book actually introduces all the various beauty products out in the market and reviews on each product.


Kinokuniya
Along with this book, the 2 samples are CHER Hydrating and Moisturizing Cleansing Liquid (50ml++) and philosophy 3-in-1 cleanser for face and eyes (30ml).


Kinokuniya
This book is also similar to the previous one, with introduction to various beauty products out in the market as of now with short reviews by pros in the beauty field.


Kinokuniya
All the featured samples come in this box.


Kinokuniya
Curél samples that consists of Whitening Moisture Lotion II (8ml), Whitening Moisture Face Milk (8ml) and Whitening Moisture Essence (3g).


Kinokuniya
A Daisy Kiss White Serum (2.5ml).


Kinokuniya
A Snail Extract Derm-Revival Mask (30ml).


Kinokuniya
Detailed description in chinese, a language which I sucked at most times xD


Kinokuniya
A Dr Hsieh P.Emblica Anti-Oxidation & White Serum ampoule sample kit.


Kinokuniya
When I opened this up and saw the above, I thought one of the bottles dried up.


Kinokuniya
Until I read the accompanying booklet and realized it's supposed to be some sort of powder inside that has to be mixed with the other bottle of liquid.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Depending on stock.



Health Promotion Board
Health Promotion Board was previously running a sampling activity where you get to receive a SureClean SANI Hands Sanitizer and Moisturizer (100ml) and since I have the odd tendency to touch and feel, which leads to constant washing of hands, which in turn leads to dry, cracking and peeling hands. I thought I had better get this, to prevent from washing my hands too often. I'm convinced I'm a closet OCD sometimes, I have to constantly wash my feet as my feet always feels dusty and dirty, even at home :(


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Sampling activity is presumably over since the page just keeps reloading but nothing shows up :O



Vaseline
Vaseline had a sampling activity and as usual, I think the link should still be working since I don't remember Vaseline ever having their sample stocks ran out before. I redeemed a Vaseline Healthy White Instant Fair Visible Fairness Lotion (100ml).


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to Vaseline Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/vaseline, Like their page to be a fan first. Next, look for a link that says What's New and click on it. Click on START NOW and then Get a Sample and follow the prompts, wait for the sample to be delivered to your mailbox :D



Brands Innershiine
Brand's Innershine previously had a InnerShine® Marine Collagen Essence Strip blogger video voting contest, I voted for Rachell Tan, but I wasn't picked as the winner D: Anyways, everyone who voted for their favorite get to redeem a trial pack of Marine Collagen Essence Strip in funky and fruit flavours. The samples includes Natural Acai Berry Taste (10g), Marine Fish Collage (10g) and Natural Japanese Mikan Taste (10g).


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Redemption is over since the winner was already chosen. I also got to find out about this quite late too. So, I was glad I got to redeem my samples. Did you get to redeem yours in time too? :)



The Sample Store
And ironically, The Sample Store had a new Sponsored Sample up for redemption as well. The TSS version are Natural Kyoho Grape Taste (10g) and it comes in a trial pack of 3 strips :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: If you have an account with TSS, just log into your account and click on the Sponsored Samples link, choose the relevant samples or samples you haven't redeemed yet. If you do not have an account, just sign up for one via my referral link at the header/navigation bar :D


Note that as of now, TSS has another new sample, Itoh Collagen Powder up for redemption too. Quickly go redeem yours!!



Nescafé
Nescafé Singapore had a sampling activity/giveaway in conjunction with their latest coffee drink island-wide release. Called the Smoovelatte, they're mailing out complimentary 190ml bottle to you for free. I think it's still available since there's been no status update on their page that stocks have ran out.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to Nescafé Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/NescafeSingapore, Like their page to be a fan first. Next, look for a link that says Smoovlatte Giveawya. Click on it, fill out your details and wait for the complimentary bottle to be mailed to your mailbox :D



Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~