Wednesday, January 15, 2014

L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Hand Cream Review

WHAT IS IT: L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Hand Cream
L'Occitane En Provence Hand Cream Cherry Blossom


THE PRODUCT(S):
L'Occitane En Provence Hand Cream Cherry Blossom
L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Hand Cream: Enriched with Shea Butter, this creamy and non-greasy moisturizer nourishes and protects hands, leaving them delicately scented. Contains cherry extract from Luberon, Provence.


L'Occitane En Provence Hand Cream Cherry Blossom
The scent is deliciously wonderful without lingering forever, and my hands feels so much softer and hydrated each time I use it and it doesn't leave a sticky feeling on my hands after application.


VERDICT: For years, I've tried various hand creams which promises but still somewhat didn't deliver. Sure, it does leave my hands feeling smoother and hydrated after usage. However, the only grouse I have is that, they always without a doubt leave my hands feeling sticky and greasy. And this to me personally is a big NO NO. Hand creams are supposed to make you feel like you are using something luxurious without the "side effects", not greasy and sticky as if you had just slather grease onto your hands.


And for so many years, I've known that L'Occitane carry hand creams but never really got around to getting a tube and try it out for myself. I finally got the chance to do so during V-Day season a year ago when L'Occitane had a Christmas-related app on their Facebook page and all participants, regardless of whether they win or not are entitled to a small complimentary hand cream as a "Thank You" to their efforts. I still recalled taking a sniff after unscrewing the lid off and instantly fell in love with the scent. I love all things Japanese, and Cherry Blossom scent is without a doubt one of my favorite scents.


But at that time, I didn't yet try it and so was a little hesitant about the process of after-application. Will it feel greasy? Sticky? Or will it just leave my hands feeling smooth and hydrated and at the same time, pampered without all these forementioned feelings and sensation I've mentioned before. And when I finally try it for the first time, I was pleasantly surprised at my soft and supple my hands became after a few uses. As I work in the retail line, I will have moments when I have to get my hands wet on many occasions whether I like it or not. And constantly wetting of hands actually makes my hands drier than I wanted them to.


But as soon as I apply this hand cream onto my seriously parched hands, my hands actually felt so relived and hydrated at the same time. And the scent is just light and fresh, without making you feel nauseous. Yes, some hand creams smell nice for a while. But after a few minutes, the scent seems to get heavier to the point of choking. But not this L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Hand Cream. The sweetness of the cherry blossom is just enough to make smile at the little indulgence you can give your hands when you really need it the most. The consistency of this hand cream isn't too watery or runny, it looks like it's really creamy but when applied to my hands, it simply melted into the skin in moments.


And also recently, my hands seemed to be injured. I can't really explain it, but it's not a big injury. However, my hands are constantly peeling without notice. And this hand cream thankfully doesn't aggravate the peeling on my hands. Instead, it just helps to heal my peeling hands without much irritation. And as I've mentioned, the scent lasts long but isn't too strong at the same time, hence, I sort of think that it's almost like a healing balm for more over-tortured hands.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: If all healing balms and salves smelled that nice, I think more people would be better inclined to love and treat themselves better when it comes to healing injuries and scars :)


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I redeemed this sample during February in 2013. I cannot really recalled what the L'Occitane app was for, but I still remembered happily taking a sniff out of this hand cream after redemption and instantly fell in love with it. I personally recommend going over to L'Occitane En Provence Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/loccitane.sg and Like their page as a fan to be informed/updated on their latest seasonal app to get samples :)


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~