Saturday, July 13, 2013

Samples Received/Redeemed: 08 July - 12 July 2013

For the past 1 - 2 weeks, PhotoBucket hasn't been kind to me at all. I've been using their service for around 10 years or so and recently, they've been giving me that dreaded "You've exceeded your bandwidth limit" message whenever I logged into my PhotoBucket account. You can see the proof of this when you see that "Looks who's Popular" message within the broken PhotoBucket image links on my blog. Which in turn made my blog looks like it's been abandoned for a few centuries instead.


Luckily, Yolanda from I Review U Read managed to inform me that PhotoBucket has been giving me this crap issue just when I thought I've had it settled. And honestly, I really refused to pay them any money in the first place since they decided to punk me with that "Bandwidth Limit" issue. Honestly, this isn't the right way to get your existing free user to pay you money for better service. In fact, by "punking" my blog like that, I am even more determined not to give them a single cent which in turn meant that I will turn to other image uploading websites that do not charge a single cent for every user(s) whether they are anonymous or not.


Anyway, less grief from me and here's a look at what I've bagged and (unfortunately) bought for the past week or so. First time I felt as if I am going to have a mini heart attack from seeing my bill when paying for my cosmetics at Sephora..



Liese Daily Enhance Styling Series
So, I got to know about this by chance from ilovepeppersung. But as usual, I urged everyone I know to quickly go get it as it's limited to the first 1000 request only.


Liese Daily Enhance Styling Series
This is the from the Liese Daily Enhance Styling Series, it's called Frizz-Free Styling Milk and this sample sachet unfortunately didn't state anyway how much the sample weighs. So, I am guessing it's a 10ml to 15ml sample instead as one doesn't need too much to style their hair.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Unfortunately, all samples has been fully redeemed since they are only limiting to 1000 redemptions and we all know there's more than 1000 interested females in Singapore who wants to try the latest samples of new products before buying. Hmm..



Sephora
I recently visited Sephora to check out and buy some cosmetics and when it's time to pay the bill, I got a shock. 3 small items that came up to S$109. Wow, cosmetics in Singapore are definitely getting more expensive and it's not like it's branded or whatsoever. Although I have to admit that these 3 items recommended to me by the helpful staff at Sephora Vivo City are really good to use, even for a makeup noob like me LOL


Sephora
The 3 items I bought from Sephora are:

  • bareMinerals Ready SPF 15 Touch Up Veil @ 10g for S$42.00
  • bareMInerals SPF 20 Correcting Concealer @ 2g for S$39.00
  • bliss fabulips foaming lip cleanser @ 7ml for S$28.00


Let's talk about the bareMInerals SPF 20 Correcting Concealer, it's a cream-based concealer and I have to say it does a really good job in hiding my existing and old blemish and acne scars and spots. It looks almost as if I don't have any blemish nor acne issues at all. And as for the bareMinerals Ready SPF 15 Touch Up Veil, it really help keeps my face looking matte the entire day, and I only found myself applying an extra thin layer of powder on my face during my break time to cover up the somewhat slightly shining nose of mine (Oh, my oily nose..)


And as for the bliss fabulips foaming lip cleanser, I almost bought the other bliss trial kit that costs S$70 which consists of a lip scrub, this foaming lip cleanser I've mentioned and another 2 more items that I can't remember. But since I've never tried this brand before, I just simply stick with the foaming lip cleanser instead. Rest assured I will put up a review after trying it. But meanwhile, I'm just probably short of a matte-ish lipstick as I am not a fond user of lipstick, especially the glossy type. I'm too much of a matte lover through and through although I do wish for bigger eyes lol


And yes, the bliss fabulips foaming lip cleanser really foams on the lips. I've tried it once just to see if it will really foam up and it did :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: No samples for redemption for now. But I can assure you that the staff at Sephora Vivo City knows their cosmetics, so I highly recommend the Sephora outlet at Vivo City instead :D



Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~