Saturday, June 22, 2013

Samples Received/Redeemed: 17 June - 21 June 2013

This is definitely an awesome week, since I unexpectedly found out I was one of the lucky winners for Crabtree & Evelyn's Facebook app for My Somerset Meadows contest. Besides, I only got 15 votes while there were some entries from honest non-cheating players who managed to secure close to 50 votes. So, it's a surprise my 15 votes entry was one of the winners too.


To those of you who know you played fair and square in asking for friends to votes, instead of creating more fake Facebook accounts to self-vote, give yourself a pat on the back and a hug cos you truly deserved the win. And for a particular person who thinks we do not know you are joining in the pretext of using your various fake Facebook accounts to self-vote, shame on you for thinking you can get away with cheating without anyone finding out. You should fall into a ditch and stay there, I don't care whether you are alive or not. But your cheating behavior will only strive to make us truth and honest contest participants stand up against you by reporting you en masse.



Listerine
I got to know about this sampling activity days before anyone kept sending me PMs on Facebook LOL But I was a little preoccupied with something else, hence it took a day or 2 to post up news about it ;P


Listerine
Anyways, I finally received my Listerine Green Tea sample. They actually took the trouble to bubble-wrap it before mailing out. That's so sweet :)


Listerine
Comes with a booklet on what Listerine Green Tea can do for you. I personally find Listerine products too minty for my liking. But maybe with this Green Tea version, I might find myself switching back to Listerine once more. This is a 80ml sample bottle, suitable for bring out with you if you are going for a short overseas holiday too :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Go over to http://www.listerine.com.sg/sampling.php, fill in your details. You will need to approve/authenticate via an email they sent to you before they will actually mail out the sample itself. In the event you are "punked", so it's alright. Since it's a good 80ml sample :D



Crabtree & Evelyn
So, I heard about this contest by Crabtree & Evelyn and initially I didn't plan on joining, since I am guessing that the regular contest cheat on Facebook will probably strike. But since there seemed to be no sign of her, I thought it was safe. But barely a few days later after I uploaded my entry, I saw the contest cheat entry. And guess what? Within a day of uploading her own entry, she suddenly gotten exactly 50 votes while most of us who joined a week or so earlier were not even close to getting 30 votes. It's rather obvious she cheated, isn't it?


And unluckily for the cheat, I was stalking this app everyday to check and see if I can vote for my friends everyday. And that is how I know that contest cheat got 50 votes within a day of submitting her entry. Needless to say, that was the day I kicked off lots of friends on my personal account whom I suspected of having fake Facebook accounts. I won't name any names, but you know who you are. And along the way, quite a lot of us were also just as upset that this particular contest cheat dare to show up and carry on with her fake voting. So, we simply send PMs to Crabtree & Evelyn in bulk and demand her entry to be removed. If they need proof or evidence of her "cheats", we can definitely provide it.


But a contest lose it's purpose of providing fun and camaraderie when a contest cheat shows up. Contest(s) isn't just about winning all the time, it's also about learning from someone's entry, making new friends, finding people who have the same interests and likes as you and at the same time, being able to help one another in need when contest cheat shows up. So, 1 point to us and 0 point to the contest cheat :)


Crabtree & Evelyn
Anyway, I wasn't expecting to win. But for my entry, I chose the Crabtree & Evelyn Somerset Meadow Scented Body Lotion. And partly because I used my real name, so most of my friends couldn't give me votes LOL By the way, this is an actual retail size bottle I won. It's worth S$30++ and it's a 200ml body lotion and the scent, oh my gawd, it's so damn heavenly ❤❤❤


Crabtree & Evelyn
And along the way, I also realised that I am entitled to a Crabtree & Evelyn Somerset Meadow Mini Book. And on first glance, I was almost tempted to tell the staff I do not want a book and this "book" seemed to cost more than the body lotion itself. Until on the day on redemption, I found out it's not literally a "book", as there are products inside it as well xD


Crabtree & Evelyn
Inside the Crabtree & Evelyn's Somerset Meadow Mini Book is a trio shower set consisting of:

  • Crabtree & Evelyn's Somerset Meadow Bath & Shower Gel @ 50ml
  • Crabtree & Evelyn's Somerset Meadow Scented Body Lotion @ 50ml
  • Crabtree & Evelyn's Hand Care Collection Ultra-Moisturizing Hand Therapy @ 25g

This is just sheer utter bliss for the senses and mind ❤❤❤


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: This contest is over. But on a side note, I really urge honest contest participants like my friends to really keep a lookout for that particular contest cheat we all are aware of. In the event she joined anymore of such contests where the rule is to get your friends to vote, make some noise about her entry and asking everyone you know who is joining said contest to PM the organizers and companies to remove her entry as her entry is never honest and neither are her votes. Making more Facebook accounts to vote for oneself it just plain pathetic, no matter how you look at it. Where's the fun and joy in joining and winning something with underhand means and methods?



For this HarborFront Spin & Win contest, I knew about it and "spammed" everyone I know to go join. But along the way, I forgot all about it until it was going to end almost close to a week later. And I found out at the same time I had 79 spins to try my luck. Was gunning for the S$250 Mapletree voucher so I can get a new rice cooker LOL


HarborFront Spin & Win
So, the vouchers I won are namely the S$10 MapleTree voucher and 2 McDonald's Ice Cream voucher. All usable only at HarborFront and Vivo City :(


HarborFront Spin & Win
And a bottle of "Lady's Perfume" that smells a little too "funky" for my liking. Ack.. The perfume is a La Chiz EDP at 80ml. I doubt anyone would want it as a giveaway, since the scent is just plain "ack" for my own personal liking..


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: Contest is over. And surprisingly, the contest cheat never show up in contests like this as it's based on luck and chance, instead of votes. Oh well, good riddance on these types of contests as it means people who joined fair and square can get to win something without having to worry about the contest cheat :)



Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to health, beauty & lifestyle tips at least once a day. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~