Tuesday, March 26, 2013

L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Serum Review

WHAT IS IT: L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Serum

Scan #1 | Scan #2


THE PRODUCT(S):

L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Serum : Immortelle is a flower with exceptional longevity: it never fades, even after being picked. As a result of our scientific research, the new Precious Serum concentrates the patented anti-aging power of more than 1000 flowers in every jar. Its lightly textured formula acts on the 3 main important stages of collagen: production, protection and repairing.



The serum has this really light tea-colored texture, and the consistency is definitely serum. The scent is wonderful but I don't think the serum is helping my skin at all.


VERDICT: The scent, the scent, the scent! What is a beauty product without it's signature scent to it? For this Immortelle Precious Serum by L'Occitane, I absolutely love and adore the scent. And as quoted on L'Occitane's website, "Immortelle is known as the everlasting flower, because these flowers retain their form and color when dried. L’OCCITANE has extracted a precious essential oil from the plant, which has anti-free radical and anti-wrinkle properties. The Immortelle collection offers a complete anti-ageing solution for the face". In other words, Immortelle is actually Helichrysum.


One of the most fragrant plants, which contributes to giving the Corsican “maquis” its characteristic perfume. In which Immortelle produces a fascinating, rich, multi-layered, sexy, desirable, satisfying aroma. Hence, that wonderful scent that makes you want to grab this product without a second thought. (Ah yes, product scent actually influences me to buy them.) If you want to know a little more about Immortelle, try this link: http://www.fragrantica.com/news/Immortelle-Ageless-flowers-3000.html


The consistency is definitely serum-based, as upon application, it actually gets absorbed into my skin pretty decently and fast too. And hours after application, I am glad to say that I did not encounter any greasy/oily nor sticky feeling, not even on my fingers that I use to apply on my skin. And as I tend to apply facial products at night before I go to bed, I am also happy that my face doesn't look anything within the region of greasy/oily nor sticky as well. Although I have to disagree with the part that mentions production, protection and repairing of collagen in our skin.


You see, after a few days of using this, I got rewarded with a new pimple that thankfully ripens pretty fast and goes away just as fast too. Despite my skin feeling firmer and smoother prior to the appearance of the pimple, I just cannot say that this product is suitable for me as I aged, when wrinkles shows up. In fact, I think there are better anti-wrinkle and anti-aging serums out there that would definitely work better for me than this Immortelle Precious Serum even though I primarily used it as a facial serum more for moisturizing than the anti-wrinkle and anti-aging factor it gives.


At the end, I personally still don't think that this Immortelle Precious Serum works for me personally, due to the fact that although upon application, my skin felt smoother and firmer, it shouldn't even give me any acne/pimple problems for no reason. But on the plus side, even though I have oily/combination skin, what I am thankful is that wrinkles won't show up that fast for me, but still, I know I do need to invest in a good anti-wrinkle/anti-aging serum to keep the wrinkles at bay.


VERDICT:


WHAT I THINK: Getting a pimple from an anti-aging serum is rather unexpected somehow..


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I previously got to redeem a sample kit for L'Occitane's Immortelle range last October (2012). Despite this sampling activity being over, L'Occitane has a new sampling activity as of now. Go over to L'Occitane Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/loccitane.sg, Like their page as a fan. Next, look for a link that says Brighten Up Quiz! to get your hands on their latest Immortelle Brightening Essence and Brightening Moisture Cream in 1ml sample sachets.


For more info, go over to this previous post at http://puniaogoodies.blogspot.sg/2013/03/samples-receivedredeemed-18-mar-22-mar.html


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~