Thursday, March 28, 2013

L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Night Cream Review

WHAT IS IT: L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Night Cream


THE PRODUCT(S):

L'Occitane Immortelle Precious Night Cream: Immortelle Precious Night Cream is effective at stimulating and regenerating skin through the night, when skin is in its peak repair phase. Precious Night Cream fights all signs of aging: wrinkles, loss of firmness, and loss of radiance and pigmentation marks.



The scent is just as marvelous as the previous 2 L'Occitane reviews I did, as it is of the same Immortelle range. However, this Precious Night Cream is really thick and heavy and takes quite a while to be fully absorbed. And I personally felt that while the Precious Cream looks creamy and heavy, it's really lightweight. But this Precious Night Cream is much more heavier.


VERDICT: First of all, the scent! As mentioned, this Precious Night Cream is from the same range as the previous 2 L'Occitane Immortelle Precious reviews I've did, which is from the Immortelle range. So, the signature scent is there and it really does wonders if you are having a tired and long day and the first thing you want to do after getting home is just sleep it off. But the scent really perks you up, and you will berate and hate yourself a little if you don't bother to pamper your skin before sleeping for the night.


However, I personally find this Precious Night Cream a little too heavy for my skin. I know I've mentioned that night-time, especially before bedtime is the best time to apply facial moisturizer. As during our sleep, our skin actually absorbs moisturizers better since we're practically sleeping away, instead of doing household chores or the likes where we sweat off what we apply. Plus the other scientific reason that I can't seem to recall as well. But anyways, I realized that this Precious Night Cream is way too heavy-duty for a warm/hot climate like Singapore for example. Unless Singapore actually perpetually have only 2 seasons throughout the year, which is autumn and winter only, then this Precious Night Cream will greatly benefit the individual user. Or unless you suffer from really dry skin, then this would be the perfect cream to quench your skin's thirst at night.


When applying this Precious Night Cream on my face, I find that it takes quite a lot of massaging and gently rubbing before it finally absorbs into my skin. And even after application, I can literally see my skin looking too glossy for my liking and that my skin feels as if there's a layer of cream sitting on the surface, unsure what it's next step should be. Did it think that it should sit on my skin until it evaporates or until it gets absorbed? I'm not sure, but I do know what when I wake up the next morning, I see my face looking so shiny and glossy from the excess sebum and oil. It's as if my skin pores were suffocating and ended up secreting more facial sebum while trying to work alongside with the Precious Night Cream.


The consistency is so thick, it's literally thicker than my toothpaste. It doesn't feel like what the Precious Cream should be, which is gentle and comfortable to apply on. I practically went from gentle massaging to gentle rubbing until I finally gave up midway and just rub it into my skin, not so gently in the end. Which is a big No No when applying facial moisturizer as too much pulling and tugging on the skin actually "promotes" wrinkles faster than you realized. And after close to a week of application, I don't really see my skin looking any smoother or firmer at all. It only creates more sebum on my skin and *gasp* ring of sebum around my nose area...


VERDICT: ✓✓


WHAT I THINK: If you have really dry skin, this will benefit you. But if your skin type is similar to mine, you will find that the Precious Cream can work for you during day and night application and it's much more easily absorb-able.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I previously got to redeem a sample kit for L'Occitane's Immortelle range last October (2012). Despite this sampling activity being over, L'Occitane has a new sampling activity as of now. Go over to L'Occitane Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/loccitane.sg, Like their page as a fan. Next, look for a link that says Brighten Up Quiz! to get your hands on their latest Immortelle Brightening Essence and Brightening Moisture Cream in 1ml sample sachets.


For more info, go over to this previous post at http://puniaogoodies.blogspot.sg/2013/03/samples-receivedredeemed-18-mar-22-mar.html


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~