Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Ginvera Bio Pure Olive Oil Review

WHAT IS IT: Ginvera Bio Pure Olive Oil


THE PRODUCT(S):

Ginvera Bio Pure Olive Oil: Can be used as hair oil to prevent graying, prevent and treats dry, dull hair and split ends. Removes make-up, eye shadow and lipstick, prevents eye-bags and cracked lips. Use on abdomen during/after pregnancy to prevent and reduce stretch marks, protects and nourishes baby’s skin and prevents nappy rash. Treats coarse and itchy skin, relieves itchiness and prevents skin infection caused by insect bites and serves as an ideal massage oil.



The scent is really light, and the oil is actually fast absorbent without feeling oily nor greasy.


VERDICT: The scent is really light, with a hint of something flowery although I cannot actually pinpoint exactly which or what type of flowery scent it is, but it is really really light. So, it's actually perfect for some of us who loves using olive oil in their beauty regime, but don't really want that scent of olive oil wafting around without warning. This olive oil can be used on the skin and body at the same time, making it an all-purpose olive oil that you can actually tote around to use when you really need it.


Although it's olive oil, I find that it isn't greasy nor oily and is readily fast absorbing, also another plus factor for those of us who are tempted to use mineral oil but afraid to do so due to it's "name sake". I know, it's hard to change your mindset on using olive oil for the skin and body, especially if you have previously used body creams and body butter for a long time. And it does seem like it's absurd to suddenly make the switch from butter and cream to oil in a heartbeat. I initially found it difficult too, since I have been using body butter for a long time, before taking the plunge in using body oil instead.


Especially on areas that are peeling and looks really dry and scaly on my elbows and knee caps, which I dutifully applied on once daily, but not too zealously. I need it to moisturize and protect against the dryness, not drown my skin in oil ^^ What I like is that I don't even need to use it for a whole week, and I can already see my elbows and knee caps looking so much better. Sure, the skin still looks sort of peel-ish, but at least the dryness doesn't make my skin look as if it's going to crack without warning. And we all know how dry skin makes us feel really irritable, but this olive oil doesn't. From before I started using it until now, my dry skin looks so much better and much more moisturized than before.


And don't forget the stretch marks here and there. If you have gained a little weight, only to be able to lose that excess weight gain, you would notice a little bit of stretch marks here and there. Yes, it isn't only pregnant women who gets stretch marks, even regular non-mommies like me get it too. And I love how my stretch marks looks visibly lessened after a week's usage too. It's almost like a miracle multi-purpose oil. Which I gamely used on the ends of my hair, to prevent split ends as well. It's not as if I never used any hair conditioner or hair treatment product. But let's face it, not all of us wash our hair on a daily basis, so as to prevent our hair from drying out from over-shampooing. But in between shampoo, we still have to take care of our tresses as if we do wash them daily. And so far, the split ends have been kept at bay, much to my surprise. And I can still remember how my hair was suffering from split ends a few years back before I paid so much attention to products such as this Ginvera Bio Pure Olive Oil.


And occasionally, I applied this olive oil on my lips before going to bed too. As recently, I saw my lips looking more dry and cracked than usual. It gotten really worse to the point that applying regular lip balms doesn't seem to work, and remembering I still had this around. So, I applied this on alternating nights before going to bed. And now? My lips looked so much better than before. All the dryness and cracks were gone. And mind you, I have this bad habit of peeling the drying and flaking skin off my lips, so it does work wonder in preventing me from peeling anymore skin off, while at the same time keeping my lips moisturized.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: For something so cheap and affordable and can do so much more, it's definitely worth the splurge.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I previously got this sample when I redeemed my Welcome Gift from CozyCot last October (2012). Despite being a sample sachet, it actually lasted me close to a whole week as I do not need to apply too thick a layer at all. Just a thin layer to help keep in the moisture while keeping my skin moisturized at the same time.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear BunBun ManJu,

      Originally, I really have no intention of releasing your comment seeing that the description for the product trial-and-tested is already near the top of this post and I felt that this is more of a one-off spam comment for no apparent reason.

      But, to repeat the description of this product that I have taken the trouble to re-type, as like every product that I have trial-and-tested, this product is meant for "Can be used as hair oil to prevent graying, prevent and treats dry, dull hair and split ends. Removes make-up, eye shadow and lipstick, prevents eye-bags and cracked lips. Use on abdomen during/after pregnancy to prevent and reduce stretch marks, protects and nourishes baby’s skin and prevents nappy rash. Treats coarse and itchy skin, relieves itchiness and prevents skin infection caused by insect bites and serves as an ideal massage oil."

      So, I really have no idea why someone would try to use this product as a facial moisturizer of any sort. I can't even imagine anyone using a copious amount on their lips despite the product stating so, much less drinking water (maybe) immediately after application.

      Ideally, products like this, if meant for use on the lips should be applied with a lip brush meant for such sole purpose only and preferably just before bed.

      Meanwhile.... take care :)

      Delete

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~