Thursday, January 10, 2013

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E Review

WHAT IS IT: Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E


THE PRODUCT(S):

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula: Cocoa Butter, enriched with Vitamin E, in a soothing emollient base. Helps smooth and blend unattractive marks and scars. Tones skin. An excellent all-over-the-body moisturizer and after tanning butter.


VERDICT: First of all, the scent is really rich and luxurious, despite the retail bottle and sample packaging looking rather regular/normal. And we all are aware of the fact that when a product looks somewhat bland and doesn't attract your eyes to look at it another second longer, we probably won't give it another look. Much less hold it for a closer look, or even pop open the lid to sniff at the scent. And this is probably the same with Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula products. Many times, I've always walked past Palmer's products in favor or something that looks visually much more appealing. Until I decided to get my hands on some Palmer's samples, and boy, I do need to give my head a smack for being so "blind".


What strikes me was that the scent is strong, and pleasant at the same time. And because the scent is so rich, it almost feels as if it's going to be a little too rich for our skin. And if it isn't so, our skin would probably have this oily or greasy feel to it, after application. Which happened to be untrue. As soon as I smelled the wonderful strong and rich scent of Cocoa Butter, the very first thing that popped into my mind was "I'm using a Cocoa Butter batter to moisturize myself". And I am betting that some of you could be thinking the same thing too.


The scent is just so good you want to lick it instead of using it as a moisturizer of any sort. As my limbs (which unfortunately in my case, includes only my legs and arms) are generally much more drier than my face, the limbs it shall go onto. My face is more of the oily/combination variety, depending on the weather/climate, hence it is actually unwise to put something so rich and luxurious onto my face lest I get extra "friends" on my face. However, it worked just well on my arms and legs instead.


And to re-focus on the dry issue, my elbows tend to get dry and cracked on a regular basis, so I paid a little more attention to my cracked elbows too. And just a few days after using this, the dry and cracked elbows went away, to be replaced by smooth and soft elbows. The consistency of the Cocoa Butter is smooth and buttery, almost like a batter consistency. And yet despite looking so rich, it doesn't leave any greasy nor oily feeling, even hours after I've applied this product and it actually absorbs easily into my skin despite looking so rich and creamy.


We all know that when it's time to plonk our butts in front of the PC (or laptop on a table/flat surface), we tend to learn towards the screen on our elbows, thus making our elbows look bruised and darkened at the same time. Well, my darkened elbows actually got lighter throughout the days I was using this Cocoa Butter formula. And get this, other lightening or moisturizing products I've previously used before only moisturizes or moisturizes slightly. It didn't make my cracked, dry and darkened elbows look any better, until I decided to try this Cocoa Butter Formula.


As with dry skin, we are also aware of the fact that we will tend to scratch ourselves slightly more than usual, due to the dryness. But just from the first application, my legs feel more hydrated and I definitely do not remember having to scratch my legs unnecessarily. Which I think is just plain unsightly if you had to scratch a dry area of your skin if you are outside the house, especially during a window-shopping or just plain shopping mode. That is a tell-tale sign to SAs who will insist that product X, Y and Z will relieve the itchiness when all that is happening is just plain dry skin that demands moisturizing.


I personally think that if you face is of the normal or dry type, you can actually safely use this on your face without the feeling of over-moisturizing as some products do but didn't state so on the packaging.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


| WHAT I THINK: It's time to look at products not only for the luxurious packaging, but also for the benefits it gives us.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: As I've redeemed this sample last year, around July/August period, so I cannot be sure if Palmer's Singapore rotate their samples or not. But, you can still go over to Palmer's Singapore Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/palmerssingapore, Like their page. Next, look for the link that says FREE SAMPLES, click on it and fill in your particulars to have Palmer's samples mailed to your mailbox.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~