Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Dr.Ci:Labo Aqua Collagen Gel Enrich Lift EX Review

WHAT IS IT: Dr.Ci:Labo Aqua Collagen Gel Enrich Lift EX


THE PRODUCT(S):

Dr.Ci:Labo Aqua Collagen Gel Enrich Lift EX: Formulated with the "Lifting Complex" composed of three different lifting ingredients, Aqua-Collagen-Gel Enrich-Lift-EX leaves an invisible film on the skin and provides a high level of support for lessresilient skin, so that instant results can be achieved.


Alpha lipoc acid, a universal anti-aging ingredient, powerfully attacksthe sagging of skin with its ultra antioxidative potency and ability to promote collagen production.



The sample tub actually comes with a plastic lid inside the cover, and it has this small scoop to ensure you don't transfer germs and dirt from finger to product, making it a preferable choice when choosing something close to a facial moisturizer.



See how the scoop, which is shaped almost like a mini-spoon efficiently scoop out a needed amount for usage?



The product itself is close to milky white with a really light yellowish-tinge with a gel-based texture, making this absorb into the skin really fast. Fuss-free, no spillage and there's no feeling of excess sebum nor greasy-looking skin hours after application.


VERDICT: The color of this collagen gel is milky-white in color and has a pleasant gel-based texture and consistency. Personally, I prefer gel-based facial products as it gets absorbed into my oily skin pretty fast without too much hassle nor waiting for it get absorbed. The scent is rather strong, but it slowly dissipates after application onto the skin. Plus the fact that there's collagen in this gel gives it a bonus boost.


I'm sure by now we all are aware that the older we get, the less collagen our skin will produce which will ultimately result in existing collagen within our skin (and body) to break down. This in turn leads to skin sagging, and often it happens at areas of our body we don't wish to see, such as our face for example. But what exactly is collagen?


Collagen is a protein made up of amino-acids, which are in turn built of carbon, oxygen and hydrogen. Collagen contains specific amino acids – Glycine, Proline, Hydroxyproline and Arginine. Collagen makes up approximately 30% of the proteins within the body. These are tough and strong structures found all over the body: in bones, tendons and ligaments. Collagen helps to give strength to various structures of the body and also protects structures like the skin by preventing absorption and spreading of pathogenic substances, environmental toxins, micro - organisms and cancerous cells. Collagen protein is the cement that holds everything together.


Collagen is also present in all the smooth muscle tissues, blood vessels digestive tract, heart, gallbladder, kidneys and bladder holding the cells and tissues together. Collagen is even the major component of the hair and nails. With age, collagen production slows and the cells structures weaken. The skin gets thinner and is easier to damage, hair gets lifeless, skin sags and wrinkles, tendons and ligaments become less elastic, joints get stiff etc.


Personally, I would recommend to start investing on good collagen related products as soon as you hit your 20s. The earlier you start, the longer the collagen in your skin (and body) will maintain it's peak form. But just because it's already being maintained doesn't mean you stop, you have to keep going on to look youthful. And now you know why certain people despite being in their 50s or 60s can still look hale, healthy, hearty and young as if they were still in their 30s to 40s.


This product although gel-based, does feel heavy upon first time usage, however, it does not leave any heavy, clogged, greasy/oily nor tack feelings and sensations on my skin, even hours after application. In fact, my skin actually had less breakouts of pimples and acne after I started using this a month ago. As I tend to have oily skin and sweat a little during the day, I tend to use it more at night. Preferably after shower or 30 minutes before bed, as our skin tends to absorb moisturizers easier at night without all the activity and sweating going on.


Most previous product related to collagen or overnight mask meant to retain skin/facial moisture that I had used often left my skin feeling and looking clogged, heavy and oily even before I crawled into bed. And you can probably know or predict the aftermath, where these same facial sebum gets transferred to my pillow as I slept throughout the night. However, this Dr.Ci:Labo Aqua Collagen Gel Enrich Lift EX doesn't make my skin nor face feel or even look anything like that. Sure, we still do sweat a little when we sleep at night. (Mostly nightmares on my candies being stolen by the neighborhood stray cat.)


Although my skin doesn't look too old nor even look anything close to the region of saggy, I still like the fact that product such as this actually helps build up and maintin my current collagen levels in my skin. In fact, sometimes I do get asked for my IC for verification purposes whenever I am trying to get a can of beer, which only happens once in a blue moon and only if I happened to have bought too much peanuts, which god knows for what? o.O


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: For something that doesn't make my skin feel heavy or clogged, I would recommend Dr.Ci:Labo. I mean, look at those petite Japanese old ladies. Their skin still looks smooth, despite their age :D


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I was one of the first 50 lucky Facebook fans to be rewarded with a Dr.Ci:Labo Aqua Collagen Gel Enrich Lift EX (20g) during December. Although the giveaway is over, I still recommend going over to Dr.Ci:Labo Singapore's Facebook page at www.facebook.com/pages/DrCiLabo-Singapore/228595267239762 and Like their page to be notified of future and up-coming giveaways, contests and latest promotions on their products.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~