Thursday, January 3, 2013

Biotherm Purefect Skin: Pure Skin Effect Hydrating Gel [Part 3] Review

WHAT IS IT: Biotherm Purefect Skin Pure Skin Effect Hydrating Gel


THE PRODUCT(S):

Biotherm Purefect Skin Pure Skin Effect Hydrating Gel: A hydrating gel with the freshness and hydration of a moisturizer and the finish of a mattifying powder. A new fragrance to Biotherm: citrus floral and pure and fresh textures for a clean skin sensation. Matify your skin while keeping it hydrated, balanced, and clear of imperfections. Control shine for up to 8H. Pores and imperfections are visibly reduced. Skin is left feeling smooth, matte and hydrated. Skin reveals crystal-clear purity.



This hydrating gel has a gel-based consistency that isn't overly runny nor watery and the color actually reminds me of those old liquid glue that is milky white in color. A very faint citrus-y scent that isn't too citrus-prickling, zero hint of anything floral and definitely doesn't smell anything like weak cologne.


VERDICT: First, the scent is actually a little citrus-y, but it isn't that type of citrus scent that will make you lips pucker, nor give you shivers up and down your spine. It's actually really light, and there's no hint of anything floral in it, despite this series having a citrus and floral fragrance/scent. At least it doesn't smell like weak cologne, like the purifying cleanser. Phew!


The color is actually reminiscent of those 80s and 90s liquid glue that happens to be milky white, and the consistency isn't overly watery nor runny hence application can be considered a breeze. And because it is gel-based, the absorption is also pretty fast, without a hint of stickiness to it at all despite the gel looking really rich and creamy. And this series is supposedly meant for users with oily, pimple, acne, blemish skin types since the cleanser and gel is practically in gel-based versions.


Applying this gel on my face is quite similar to applying snow on a warm skin, it instantly melts into my skin without much fuss nor spills. And even hours after application, my skin doesn't felt sticky at all, which I personally think is a must when facial moisturizers are concerned. I am sure nobody wants to pop into bed with a sticky face, even if the weather is too cold to sleep properly. And the gel upon contact with my skin actually felt a little cooling, even though I know I didn't not pop this gel into the fridge prior to application.


However, less than 4 hours after application, my skin felt rather heavy and a little clogged and upon touching my nose with my bare hands, I was a little horrified and aghast at the amount of sebum I managed to wiped off with my fingers. And when I stood in front of the mirror, the same thing that I encountered with the toner happened once more. A ring of sebum halo.. At which point, I am definitely convinced this product series although is meant for combination and oily skin, isn't really suitable in our hot as hell climate.


If it was supposed to make my skin felt hydrated, then it shouldn't over-produce sebum. A little is fine since we are humans at the end of the day, unless Singapore is a really cold cold country that is much more colder than Santa Claus house. But a ring of sebum halo? Ack.. My skin doesn't look anything within the range of matte throughout the 8 hours it was supposed to stay matte AND hydrated. Despite the hydrating gel being a gel-based facial moisturizer, the aftereffects actually look more like I applied facial moisturizing cream instead, which isn't recommended for oily skin types. Although I am glad that my skin did felt a little hydrated after application for a few nights already. I normally wake up the next morning with my face showing signs of dehydration at night.


All in all, if this is a product that is best recommended for combination and oily skin, I am sure whoever's responsible for coming up with this range have to consider and fact in climate and weather changes. If I am staying in a cold climate with only 2-3 months of sunshine, this would have been a really awesome product in a cold climate. But considering that Singapore is a hot and humid country right smack in the midst of Southeast Asia, maybe a little consideration to how the product will affect our skin after application/usage would be even better. There was this one particular night after a heavy rain where it was so cold I did not need air-conditioner nor an electric fan throughout the night, and I was actually surprised to wake up in the morning to find my face not that oily nor greasy. So, I am convinced this series does work on oily skin, provided the weather is ghastly cold.


VERDICT: ✓✓


WHAT I THINK: If you sleep in an air-conditioned room every night without fail and happened to have oily skin, this product is good. But if you are someone who abhors air-conditioning and have oily skin, take note, ring of sebum halo around the nose.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I previously redeemed this sample series around the start of August. If you are still interested to give this a try, you can check out this website at http://www.biothermsg.com/aug2012/femme_whatsnew.php, although I am not sure if they still have stocks for them. But I am hoping they do, since they will need samples to convince customers into buying this particular product series.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~