Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Biotherm Purefect Skin: Anti-Shine Purifying Cleansing Gel [Part 1] Review

WHAT IS IT: Biotherm Purefect Skin: Anti-Shine Purifying Cleansing Gel


THE PRODUCT(S):

Biotherm Purefect Skin: Anti-Shine Purifying Cleansing Gel: Eliminates impurities and provides thorough cleansing with anti-bacterial action, leaving a refreshing sensation without drying the skin. A transparent light gel texture that instantly transforms into a white-colored foam upon application



The cleanser is actually transparent in color, with a very watery/runny consistency. However, I found that I had to use quite a significant amount before I can have soap suds, unlike other cleansers which boast of producing loads of suds with only a little amount used.


VERDICT: First of all, the scent is actually a lighter, less muskier and less heavier of cologne, which I cannot decide whether I should love it or just slightly dislike it. Scented/Perfumed facial cleansers is one thing, facial cleansers which reminds you of cologne are just plain weird and awkward somehow. But then, the scent isn't that strong, so I can probably accept it as being a unique trait of this particular cleanser. Although the scent was supposed to be citrus-y, there wasn't any citrus scent at all :/


The cleanser itself is actually transparent in color, and it has this watery/runny consistency. And you actually need to pour/squeeze out quite an amount from the actual retail bottle or tube just to be able to lather up some decent suds to clean your face with. Which in my case, is actually a big No-No. Imagine if you literally had to do that every morning and night, wouldn't you have to buy 2 tubes/bottles instead of 1 every time you run out? Too little and all you get is very soapy water, which I doubt can effectively cleanse your face.


The cleanser itself actually makes my skin/face feels smoother and somewhat cleaner after usage, although thankfully it doesn't make my pores feel clogged. However, I really do not feel my skin being thoroughly cleansed properly, as my nose has showed me for the past few days. It's as if the blackheads weren't touched at all, no matter how much I tried making my nose top priority in facial cleanser. Maybe because of the smooth feeling I got, which actually translates to a smooth coating on my skin to make it feel baby soft and smooth?


And mostly importantly, the product claims to leave my face feeling hydrated and control shines for up to 8 hours. I beg to differ. Just slightly less than 3 hours, my face already took on a sebum-y glow, although it wasn't that disastrous. But still, it said "8 hours of control shine", which meant that my face shouldn't look oily nor greasy within an 8 hour time-span after using the cleanser. And my face definitely didn't feel hydrated at all during that 8 hours too. If their version of hydrated skin meant that my skin will keep producing sebum, that my lovelies, is not called skin hydration.


Despite having gotten 2 sample sachets from the friendly SA at Biotherm Takashimaya (he's a Pinoy ^^), which should translate to at least 4 days of usage, I found that the cleanser probably can last 2.5 days, since I need a significant amount to lather up suds. And the toner was even worse, it's practically for 2 days usage. I believe the people responsible for this Biotherm Purefect Skin series are probably trying to be much more Mother Nature-friendly at some point, since the cleanser itself doesn't even lather up properly. Which will ultimately leads us into buying more and dumping the used and empty cleanser container into the trash.


VERDICT:


WHAT I THINK: For something that promised but never delivers, no thanks..


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I previously redeemed this sample series around the start of August. If you are still interested to give this a try, you can check out this website at http://www.biothermsg.com/aug2012/femme_whatsnew.php, although I am not sure if they still have stocks for them. But I am hoping they do, since they will need samples to convince customers into buying this particular product series.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~