Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bio-Essence Hydra Spa Energy Complete Nourishing Sleeping Mask Review

WHAT IS IT: Bio-Essence Hydra Spa Energy Complete Nourishing Sleeping Mask


THE PRODUCT(S):

Bio-Essence Hydra Spa Energy Complete Nourishing Sleeping Mask: This light and refreshing sleeping mask is enriched with minerals, botanical essence, Bio Mineral Amino Acid Essence, Bio Energy Fluid, Tanaka tree bark essence, Angelica and herbal essence. It replenishes moisture, nourishes and repairs skin while you sleep. Apply a thick layer before you sleep,it hydrates and nourishes for 8 hours non stop, so you wake up to supple glowing skin full of moisture.



The color is actually a really really light coral blue. And well, the scent is actually really light and faint, so it's kinda hard to tell exactly what it reminds me of or what it should smelled like. And despite the product looking gel-based, the texture and consistency is actually close to glue that is almost dried out.


VERDICT: First of all, the scent! It's actually very light and faint, so it's really kinda hard to pinpoint exactly what it smells like. However, I do recalled the interior of cars smelling something like this, only the product is of a really lighter variation that doesn't make you nauseous, I think. On the plus side, this might be good as the scent is so faint and light, and users who are not big fans of scented facial products could give this a try.


The consistency is actually thicky and gooey, despite looking so gel-based. It kinda reminds me back during the early 1990s when my mother refused to buy me a new bottle of glue, cos the one I already had can be used. The only thing is that, my classmates glue were liquid glue, mine was all somewhat looking dried up and instead of being smooth, left bumps and glue particles everywhere. Easier to imagine the texture and consistency already?


As my skin tends to look somewhat dry, pasty and ghostly in the morning when I wake up, product such as this Bio-Essence Hydra Spa Energy Complete Nourishing Sleeping Mask might be good to retain moisture from my skin while I sleep at night. It's actually relatively fuss-free to apply on, but however, it actually leaves a slight sticky sensation on my skin. But fortunately, the stickiness slowly dissipates into nothing throughout the night. (Just don't ask how long the feeling of stickiness lasts as I fell asleep as soon as I climbed into bed, okay?)


And upon application, it actually made my skin looks somewhat shiny instead of oily or greasy, and yet at the same time, my pores don't feel clogged at all. Also, that shiny look actually fades off as I woke up in the morning with a not so shiny-looking face staring back at me in the mirror. And throughout the few days while I was still using this product before I sleep at night, I am definitely glad and happy that my face didn't break out with any acne or pimple issue. And that is definitely a record for acne/pimple non-existence, which is close to 2 weeks or so already.


As I am still under the age of 35, which is a big sign of not nearing "middle-age", hence this product would have been perfect for me for at least another 5-10 years actually, considering I sometimes look under-age despite not being under-age. Do know that products meant for women starting from the middle-age range tends to be a little rich as women around that age is rapidly losing collagen and moisture in their skin. Hence, the rich products to make up for lost collagen and moisture. Whereas skin under the age of 35 is still relatively young, but that doesn't mean you don't need to take care of your skin too.


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: For something that keeps my face looking less like sebum minefield every morning, I'll buy in bulk if I can.


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: I got this sample by being a member of CozyCot and redeeming a Welcome Gift by connecting with Facebook. Although I think you can go up to any Biotherm counter and ask for sample(s) instead.


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~