Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bio-Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Sleeping Mask Review

WHAT IS IT: Bio-Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Sleeping Mask


THE PRODUCT(S):

Bio-Essence Bird's Nest Nutri-Collagen & Whitening Sleeping Mask: Enriched with Bird’s Nest Essence, Bio-Energy Fluid, Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex, Arbutin, mineral elements and natural herbal extracts to effectively nourish and whiten skin while you sleep. Wake up to a supple, tender and fairer skin, for a rosy radiant complexion!


Intensely nourishes skin with Bio Bird’s Nest Extract and promotes skin cell renewal & regeneration. Restores skin’s vitality and elasticity and rejuvenates & brightens dull skin. Rehydrates & keeps skin moisturized, leaving skin healthy, radiant & supple.



The product is milky-white and is actually gel-based. And the scent is light-weight too.


VERDICT: Well, this product has a faint but pleasant scent to it, which I personally can't seem to figure out exactly what. Luckily, the scent doesn't feel as if it's still lingering on, so it's essentially faint and not overpowering. And because the scent is actually rather faint and light, I like this product specially. As I am not really a big fan of facial and beauty products with overpowering scent, especially those that lingers on and refused to dissipate despite hours after application.


As my skin is of the oily variety, I am rather wary of overnight sleeping mask such as this as it actually made my skin looks oily and greasy the next morning. Specifically those which claimed to provide up to X hours of hydration and/or collagen. However, this product didn't make my skin look oily nor greasy when I woke up in the morning. And from the time I applied it on my face until I woke up the next morning, I do not feel any clogging sensation on my skin at all. It feels as if it's actually a night facial moisturizer than a sleeping mask.


As it is of a gel-based consistency and texture, I find that application is practically fuss-free, hassle-free and spill-free. And most importantly, sebum-free too. It gets absorbed into my skin rather fast and it spreads well on my face. As I am rather conscious on how my face will look the next morning as it was my first time trying this Bio-Essence's brand of sleeping mask, I actually tried to apply a really thin layer, which turned out to be a not-enough coverage for my entire face. And I did proceed to use slightly more so my entire face is "coated" with this sleeping mask.


And despite using a slightly more amount, I still do not have any clogging, sticky nor tacky feeling immediately right after application. And for the past few nights, the climate has been a little cool in my opinion, which is actually even more important to apply this before I hit the sack. And when morning came, my face didn't even look oily nor greasy in the mirror at all. (Basically, no ring of halo or sebum around my nose and mouth area. Phew~) My face actually didn't look any less dehydrated nor remotely hydrated in the morning, as compared to other overnight sleeping mask I've tried and reviewed before. Essentially no change as I decided to try this on it's own instead of applying my usual facial moisturizer at night.


And at the same time, I did notice that my some of my old blemish scars actually looks lightened than before, which is a surprising factor to me as well. As most products and samples I've tried before actually claims to lighten pigmentation of any type, but unfortunately didn't quite deliver. And as I wasn't expecting this sleeping mask to lighten some of my old blemish scars, I was pleasantly surprised to see lightened blemish scars a few days after using this sample. (I am betting my candies on the Arbutin and Amino Acid Skin Whitening Complex which are some of the ingredients that went into this product.)


However, I am not so sure nor convinced on lightening pigmentation caused by sun-tanning, whether it be accidental or on purpose. As I tend not to get tanned that easily, however, I can get sun-burnt pretty bad. Hence, I tried to avoid going out under the intense sun-shine which probably resulted in me getting migraines if I stayed under the sun for too long. And personally, I don't really like consuming Bird's Nest related food product just for the sake of looking or feeling pretty. So, I am rather glad that this product actually contains Bird's Nest Essence instead of actual bird's nest. At least I don't feel like real swifts spittle are being used wholely. (Swifts or Cave Swifts create bird's nest from their spittle that the human population consume. Essentially, we are consuming a bird's saliva to look and feel beautiful, something which I still cannot fathome..)


VERDICT: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: I redeemed this sample from The Sample Store when their delivery costs were still at S$2.99 previously. If you are curious to try this out, you can go over to TSS to redeem your sample.


However, be aware that currently TSS charges S$2.99 for 1-2 samples and S$3.99 for 3-4 samples as delivery charges. So, be alert!!


Why not like my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/PuNiaosProductReviews to be informed of latest samples I found, which is duly updated? Also includes updates to contests that I've sourced out for you to join. It will definitely save you the trouble of having to hunt them down :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~