Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Rachel K Mineral CC Cream Review

WHAT IS IT: Rachel K Mineral CC Cream


THE PRODUCT(S):

Rachel K Mineral CC Cream: Rachel K Mineral CC Cream enhances our complexion by improving its texture and balancing skin tone. It brings forth the quality of real skin—dewy, fresh, elastic, and with a glow. It can be used with foundation, or solo.


The Rachel K range of Mineral CC cream is the only one available in a limited market that is formulated with pure minerals, making it suitable for all skin types including highly sensitive ones as the mineral ingredients do not irritate or damage the skin.



Before applying Rachel K Mineral CC Cream.



After applying Rachel K Mineral CC Cream.


VERDICT: First of all, let's take a sniff at the scent. For a start, I didn't detect any scent to this Rachel K Mineral CC Cream sample I have. Although I know I did smell something really faint, but it's not that strong to let you have a rough idea exactly what it is, essentially a scent-less CC Cream at best. And we all know that it's kinda weird to have your BB or CC Cream having some sort of scent, as our skin may be allergic to the ingredients used to make BB/CC Cream smell nice. Hence for that, kudos to this particular brand.


However, what I didn't like is the fact that it didn't really cover up my blemish scars that effectively at all. I put it on as soon as I woke up and sit around for a couple of hours, editing my images, checking my Facebook, so on, to let the CC Cream slowly blend into my skin tone. Although this CC Cream did finally blended well into my skin and make my skin looks as if I didn't wear any BB/CC Cream at all, I did see this brightening/whitening glow.


BB cream (Blemish Balm Cream) was initially used by dermatologists to help laser surgery patients protect, soothe and refine highly sensitive skin while providing light coverage for post-laser scars, acne and other blemishes. Additionally, BB cream encourages skin regeneration and helps to maintain youthful skin.

Originally formulated in Germany, BB cream has in recent years gained a huge following for its skin-regenerating properties and is now also widely used in Asia to provide natural-looking skin coverage. Korean celebrities and cosmetic companies were the first to discover BB cream and the craze for this wonder cream, which beautifies while healing, has now spread from Korea to Japan to South East Asia and is already quickly making its way to Europe and the USA.

While BB cream was manufactured primarily as a skincare product, CC cream (Color Control Cream) was developed to retain all the skincare benefits of BB cream with added nourishing ingredients and the additional aim to provide more effective skin coverage. CC cream is the newest miracle beauty product available in a limited market, and was formulated with technology originating in industry-leader Japan and further developed in Korea.

Source: Rachel K Cosmetics


Despite the comparison between regular BB Creams we can get anywhere and the benefits of Rachel K Mineral CC Cream, I did find that the only thing that didn't promise is the supposed Better Coverage expectation. I can still see my blemish scars despite hours after applying this on my face. But then on the other hand, it is definitely less oily, more whitening and brightening effects.


Definitely, this CC Cream is lighter than most BB Creams I've tried before, despite the actual product looking thicker than normal. But surprisingly, it is rather easy to apply and spread on my face/skin and it did even out my skin tone without having different colored patches on my face. I do have to give them points for evening out my skin-tone, but I'd prefer my skin tone to not only be evened out but also able to cover at least most of my blemish scars. That's what any BB or CC Cream should be capable of, but sadly with this Rachel K Mineral CC Cream, it isn't the case.


As the sample I have here can be used for 2 days tops, I thought maybe it was the weather that effect the benefits of this Rachel K Mineral CC Cream, hence I applied it on the 2nd day. Still same results. Even skin tone, glowy + dewy + brightened skin tone, but blemish scars still visible despite hours after application. And worst of all? Despite the fact that it is touted to be "water-proof", it comes off rather easily if you sweat or happened to accidentally splash water on your face. It's like a love-hate relationship with this particular CC Cream, on a personal note.


PRODUCT RATING: ✓✓


WHAT I THINK: Didn't really offer "better coverage" on my blemish scars, only even and brighten up my skin tone...


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: As soon as this sample was released around September, it got redeemed out of stock pretty fast. Maybe because Beauty Pageant queens swear by this particular brand, hence everyone is interested to try it out before paying cold hard cash for it.


However, what I can suggest is to go over to Rachel K's Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Rachelkcosmetics and Like their page to be notified to newer and up-coming sample redemption. So far, I don't really recall encountering their FB page updating fans on latest samples/giveaways, but I know I occasionally "stalk" their page for latest giveaways.


The current giveaway from Rachel K's Facebook page is the Swiss Apple Stem Cell Technology: Radiance Illuminator mask. I've redeemed mine in September, so I cannot be sure if stocks are still available for redemption, but I'd wish you the best of luck in getting one :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~