Friday, October 26, 2012

BRAND'S InnerShine® Prune Essence Review

WHAT IS IT: BRAND'S InnerShine® Prune Plus Essence


THE PRODUCT(S):
BRAND'S InnerShine® Prune Plus Essence: This is specially formulated to enhance overall inner well-being through the promotion of intestinal health, which in turn translates to clear, radiant skin. Made from premium quality California prunes, ich in dietary fibre from prune pulp and skin to promote regular bowel movement, prebiotics (oligofructose and inulin) to encourage growth of friendly gut bacteria and Vitamin C to maintain skin elasticity and radiance.


It also contains pomegranate, a good source of anti-oxidants, to protect cells from harmful free radicals in the body. one serving provides 12% of the body's daily fibre needs and is perfect supplement to one's diet. What's more, with no added sugar, colouring or preservatives, there is really no better way to nourish and cleanse your body.



It looks brownish in color, and the taste is rather concentrated. But it's more sweet than sour, and for some of us who are not used to the sourness of prunes, this is actually a good health supplement worth taking.



As most of BRAND'S InnerShine® health supplement essence such as this is rather concentrated, I tend to drink 1 bottle every 2 nights. This means I just pour out half and mix it at least half a cup of water, so it doesn't taste so "concentrated". If 1 box is enough to last 1 week, mine's enough to last 2 since I split 1 bottle for 2 days (or nights) usage instead. I always like to dump in an ice-cube to have mine slightly chilled, since Singapore's weather is so hot and sweat-inducing.


VERDICT: For a fact, I was hesitant when I first bought this. Since I occasionally have bowel troubles, and I didn't really think it would be that helpful at all. But what the heck, if it doesn't work, I could just drink it like Ribena, was what I initially planned. But after 1 bottle, I'm already falling in love with it.


Truth be told, there's way too many health supplements out in the market, with each one touting benefits that are even better than the previous ones. But the difference with this is that BRAND'S InnerShine® is a household name, and that's probably why I didn't hesitate too much to buy this instead of other health supplements. It didn't help that Bird's Nest was supposedly superior, but thinking on how bird's nest are procured just for our vanity, I think I'd feel better if I abstain from Bird's Nest to save a few more sparrows and go for this instead. No harm done to small little birdies just to look pretty, huh?


Even when you opened up the cap of the prune essence itself, you can already detect this sweet fruit scent which doesn't put you off at all. And as mentioned previously, it's a tad concentrated, so it's akin to drinking ribena without mixing with water. And if you are someone who doesn't like anything that taste concentrated, you can actually mix it with at least half a cup of water to dilute it a little. You might want to mix accordingly to your taste because if you go overboard, the entire bottle may end up being bland and tasteless instead.


The good thing about this product is that it does help a little with regards to acne. Prior to drinking this, I sometimes have pimples popping up unexpectedly. You may think it's pimples only, since it will probably go off in under 1 week. But get this straight. Mine are rather stubborn that it's a pain in the ass, it pops up, it stays on it's desired spot, refusing to ripen nor fade away. Just camping there, waiting for you to step out of the house and showcase it's existence to all and sundry. This product is almost one of the few "last resorts" in trying to get that particular pimple solved once and for all.


And I am glad to see that just close to half a week of consumption of this BRAND'S InnerShine® Prune Essence, that annoying undecided pimple finally decide to ripen and slowly turned into something yucky that I can squeeze out of my face. And I wasn't even expecting this product to do even that, as I initially thought it was more for inner health, bowel improvement only. And the best part? That pesky little pimple, after ripening and gotten rid of, the blemish scar itself fades off a little and the blemish scar isn't even that obvious on my face, unless you are standing literally right in front of me.


And at the same time, my skin tone definitely looks more even. It doesn't look as if a patch here looks dark, while another patch looks pale. It's just simply as it is, even skin tone. And bowel movements, it's been a breeze. Normally, I'd have to bring in a novel with me to the toilet. Now, it's more like "Go in, do my business, come out." Pretty straightforward for a toilet visit huh? Sure, my pimples do show up on and off, but at least for now, it does what ordinary pimple does. Which is to show up, ripen, gets squeezed out, heals and scabs. End of story. Not show, stay, then stay some more.


PRODUCT RATING: ✓✓✓


WHAT I THINK: Smooth bowel movements, controlled pimple flares. What else can I gripe about?


WHERE TO REDEEM SAMPLE: As this has been out for quite a while, so what I can suggest is to find a few friends to split the cost with you. At least you can try a few bottles without having to overspend too much in the beginning. And if you are worried about overspending on this, you can actually drink 1 bottle for 2 nights use. Meaning, you drink half a bottle tonight and save the remaining half for tomorrow night. Especially if you don't like fruit essences that are too concentrated to gulp down.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on Pu Niao's Beauty Junkie Reviews, a personal blog on Beauty-related stuffs. Kindly note that I will reciprocate as soon as I possibly can, unless:

1. I'm not online (probably dead asleep and possibly drooling)

2. Got blindsided by free candy (where did that came from?)

3. Cannot find your comment box cos I am actually blind as a bat most times (-squints- *_* -blinks-)

Rules:

1. Kindly avoid promotional/non-sense/unrelated comments or demands as this can be reason for deletion of your comments.

2. Avoid commenting with "nice post"/"thanks for sharing", or the likes. Kindly just read the post and comment something about it.

3. Replying with some facts/rumors or other info related to the post is well appreciated too.

Your comments always make my day(s) feel special and appreciated and each comment will be followed up as well. Thank you and have a wonderful day ahead~